Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil
Oh! we just love our essential oils…
Lemongrass is easily one of our favorite essential oils. Not only for its delicious smell, but also because of all of its skin and health benefits. In this article we’re going to get into all the ways you can benefit from Lemongrass essential oil.
A Bit of Lemongrass Background
Lemongrass is a smokey, woody, citrus essential oil which finds its origins in Asia and Africa. It’s often used in Asian cuisine but its essential oil has made its way well beyond the kitchen. The leaves of the lemongrass are steam distilled and then cold pressed to extract its highly potent essential oil, which can then be used for a plethora of health and wellness remedies.
Ways You Can Benefit from Lemongrass Essential Oil
- It has anti-nausea and stomach relief benefits
- The citral in Lemongrass makes it a wonderful anti-inflammatory product of nature, which is a part of the reason why it’s often found in beauty and skin care products.
- Its antibacterial and antifungal properties is another reason why it’s found in many skin care products including PlayPits SUGA natural deodorant.
- It can regulate anxiety
- Promotes concentration and focus
- A natural remedy for athlete's foot - which is why we recommend using our deodorant beyond just your armpits!
- Insect and mosquito repellent
- Treats insect bites and irritated skin
Some Ways You Can Use Lemongrass
Lemongrass essential oil can be added to your favorite carrier oil like jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil. You can use it for your next massage blend, or add it to your diffuser to add some citrus delight to your favorite room. You can blend in a few drops of lemongrass essential oil with coconut oil and apply it to your scalp if you’re on the lookout for a natural cure for dandruff. And finally, you can massage a few drops over acne-prone skin to reduce breakouts and tame inflammation.
What’s your favorite way to use lemongrass essential oil?